You just opened your own small business and you wouldn’t have made it through the long nights and early hours without plenty of coffee. But this delicious pick-me-up left its mark on your smile – your teeth are dull and discolored. You’re tired of wondering how clients feel about your grin, and you know it’s finally time to lighten your smile with the help of the premier cosmetic dentist in Bonita Springs, FL, Pelican Landing Dental. In this post, learn how teeth whitening treatments and porcelain veneers from our team provide the dramatic results you’ve been looking for.
How Can Teeth Whitening Help Me?
Dr. Rich Gilbert, Dr. Lacy Gilbert, and Dr. Genevieve Garris explain that professional teeth whitening in Bonita Springs, FL is superior to over-the-counter (OTC) products for many reasons. As board-certified professionals, they use safe, yet potent lightening agents that produce results OTC products just can’t give you. They offer two options for this treatment:
- In-Office Teeth Whitening – In this method, we keep your gums safe with a gentle substance that forms a protective barrier, and the whitening agent is applied to the surface of your teeth. We simply let the lightener do its job and enjoy the amazing results in no time.
- At-Home Teeth Whitening – Superior to OTC strips and kits, our customized trays fit closely to your teeth, keeping the gel where it should be. The individualized fit also protects the gel from mixing with your saliva and helps it retain its potency. After 1-2 weeks, you’ll notice the change you’ve been looking for.
How Can Porcelain Veneers Help Me?
Porcelain veneers are great for complex cases where stains reside deeper in the teeth. In patients with staining from tetracycline antibiotics, traditional teeth whitening treatments may not be effective. And, if a person has a “dead” tooth, lighteners won’t work, but veneers will.
These thin, yet durable shells of porcelain will be permanently bonded to the front side of your teeth. Since you get to pick the shade of porcelain, your teeth can be as light as you’d like. They’re so effective that stars like Jim Carrey and Tom Cruise have used them to get their Hollywood smiles.
How Can I Prevent Staining?
Once you get your teeth whitened, you’ll want to protect them from staining to maintain your results, so try the following strategies:
- Eat Smart – Avoid coffee, red wine, and blueberries. Switch to green tea, white wine, and pineapple or cheese instead.
- 2×2 – Brush gently for two minutes, twice a day, and floss while you’re at it. This will reduce surface staining.
- Don’t Smoke – Tobacco isn’t only the leading cause of oral cancer, it also stains your teeth. Quit today to improve your overall health, and the color of your smile.
- See Your Dentist – Nothing is better than a professional cleaning, so be sure to see our team at least twice a year for preventive care.
So, what are you waiting for? Now that you know all the ways to lighten your teeth, schedule your appointment with Pelican Landing Dental and get the white, bright, movie-star smile you’ve been dreaming of!